Skip to main content

Our Favourite Book Logging Websites


Person Using Laptop Computer during Daytime - Credit to ht… | Flickr


Image Source


A book logging website is a website on which you can record the books you have read. Most of the book logging websites have little extras that put them over the edge. Here is a list of our favourites and the reasons why we like them


  1. Goodreads


  

Image source

Goodreads is a website where you can log the books you have read, the books you are currently reading and the books you want to read. You can also publish your own stories on Goodreads and get comments from others on how you could improve your writing. 


Another useful thing about Goodreads is that you can write reviews about the books you have read and hear what other people think of books you are thinking about reading. On Goodreads, you can ask questions about books and anyone who has viewed that book can answer them.


You can also view our review of Goodreads here.


  1. Serial Reader: 


Although Serial Readers is an app, we decided to include it in our list, as it is downloadable on many devices. Serial Readers is an app that helps people to read classic books. Many people find classics quite daunting, so this app gives you a small extract from a classic each day, which helps to stop classics looking quite as daunting


They have more than 700 books that you can subscribe to read and they will then help you read them. If you read through Serial Reader then you will be sent about twenty minutes of classic reading each day. You can choose from a range of very popular books, such as Little Women, Moby Dick and Pride and Prejudice.


  1. Biblionasium: 


Biblionasium is an awesome website made especially for children. It is such a good website because you can not only log the books you read, but they also send you encouraging messages to keep you going when you’re in a reading slump.


They have four shelves that you can log books, one for books you have read, one for books you want to read, one for the books you are currently reading and one for the books you own. You can also set challenges to try and reach with your reading and how long you want it to take.


  1. Library Thing:

File:LibraryThing Logo medium.png - Wikipedia

Image Source

Library Thing is a website that you can use to keep track of the books you have read by adding them to your personal library. They give you reading recommendations that can help you pick a book when you’re stuck for what to read


It is quite similar to Goodreads, but you can also add other media, such as movies, etc. to your library so those of you who are movie buffs can keep track of those too. Library Thing is free for all to use.



These are our personal favourite book websites and we really hope that you choose to use some of them. They are all completely free and easy to use and we would recommend them all to anyone who enjoys reading.



If you think we should have added any other websites, then tell us in the comments. 


Happy Reading,

The Book Corner


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Future by Neassa

 Hi guys, I know Saoirse wrote a post about her future with the business, what we see happening in the future and where we want this to go. Although I love the sound of here future, I have my own path ahead of me, and it's a bit different. If you haven't read Saoirse's plans, they are: Writing blog posts and maintaining website (year-round, but specifically during COVID and winter) Car boots sales on Saturdays/Sundays during the year and a pop-up stall in summer. (After COVID and while I’m still in school) Pop-up stall as a part-time job (while in college) Actual shop (after graduating) As Saoirse mentioned in her post, right now we are living the dream. Just two normal sisters doing what they love to do. How could that be a bad thing? I am happy and content with we are doing right now, but don't feel as though that will always be the case. I, of course, want to stay a part of this business for as long as I possibly can, but I also have always wanted to be a teacher. I

Reading Consistently: A Quick Guide

Well hello there :), We are gathered today to discuss something that is an amalgamation (spell check? absolutely) of two topics I find quite interesting: reading (obviously) and habit-building. Yes, yes I am a nerd. I have decided to embrace this fact today. I just find it so intriguing how some people have certain habits while some don’t. Of course, many habits are built when someone is a young child, but I think everyone has the power to build new, or change old, habits given the correct tools. So, today I am going to talk about building a reading habit. This is, in my opinion, one of the best habits you can have. It has many benefits, which I’ll do another post on, but briefly some are: increased empathy and vocabulary, better quality sleep and less stress. Just before jumping in, I want to just say: I am no expert. BUT I think I can provide valid advice on building reading habits, as I have a healthy reading habit, experience building my own habits and I have (nerdily) watched coun

Reading indoors vs. Reading outdoors

  Hi all, it’s Neassa and today I’m going to be listing the pros and cons of reading indoors versus reading outdoors, to find out which one reigns supreme! Just to begin, I would like to point out that I enjoy reading indoors and outdoors, so I am curious to see which one will win the battle of the reading spot. Reading indoors: Pros You are always warm and dry When you are reading indoors, the temperature doesn’t change along with the time, so i can begin to read when it was sunny and read straight through a thunderstorm without even noticing. The room will stay heated, I’ll stay cosy (and oblivious at times!) and everything is just right. You have the comfy chairs. I don’t know about you guys, but we have the most comfortable chairs inside. There are a few garden chairs outside, but they are not as comfortable as the big, cushioned chair where I love to curl up with a good book! You can play music When I am reading, I love to play soft, relaxing music that is said to improve concentr